There are so many options when it comes to getting from one place to another. It often depends on the distance. Here are a few tips!
- Drive Less – Plan your week ahead of time to combine trips. This will also save you time!
- Use Public Transportation – Invest a little time to see what your options are. Include this in your trip planning whenever possible.
- Go Electric or Hybrid – Electric vehicles are all still pretty expensive, but it is the direction we’re headed. If you need to buy a new car do some research and look into the options for electric first and hybrid second.
- Do I Replace My Gas Guzzler? – If you currently have a gas guzzler and don’t really need a new car but are concerned about all the emissions you’re expending, then either trade it in for a used hybrid or electric, or hold off a bit and just follow the advice above. Just making a new vehicle produces a LOT of emissions. So drive wisely and when it is time to replace, go electric.
- Carpool – Share a ride to work with someone or join a carpooling group. Share a ride to the grocery store with your neighbor.
- Telecommute – If you can work from home you should! Talk with your employer about instituting a telecommute policy, one that encourages telecommuting.
- Bike or Walk – For distances that are shorter, consider biking or walking. It is also a great way to get your exercise in!